Physical and Chemical Properties:
Form: Solid, powder
Molar Mass: 110.99 g/mol
Relative Density: 2.15 g/cm3 (20˚C)
Solubility: 740 g/dm3 (0˚C)
Melting Point: 772 °C
H319: Causes serious eye irritation.
P280: Wear protective gloves/eye protection.
P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P337+P313: If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
Store in dry and cool places in tightly closed containers, protected from sunlight.
The information contained below is informative, scientific and research. The product is intended for professional use.
Application of Calcium Chloride in the Pharmaceutical Industry:
Calcium chloride is used in the pharmaceutical industry as an ingredient in many products due to its stabilizing and antibacterial properties. It is used for disinfection and sterilization of equipment, devices, and production surfaces. It is effective in eliminating bacteria, viruses, and fungi, which is particularly important in drug manufacturing. Due to its stabilizing properties, calcium chloride helps maintain the durability and quality of pharmaceutical products, which is crucial for ensuring their effectiveness. Calcium chloride is used as a catalyst in organic synthesis reactions, which accelerates the reaction process and increases production efficiency.
Application of Calcium Chloride in Construction:
Calcium chloride is used in construction as an auxiliary substance in various construction processes.
- It is often used to strengthen soils under buildings. With its chemical properties, calcium chloride reacts with the soil, leading to increased load-bearing capacity.
- Calcium chloride is used for surface drying before painting or wallpapering. This is especially important for buildings exposed to moisture and prevents the growth of mold.
- It is used as an ingredient in plaster production.
- Calcium chloride is also used as an ingredient in concrete production. Adding calcium chloride to concrete allows for shorter setting time, enabling faster completion of construction.
Application of Calcium Chloride in Agriculture:
Calcium chloride is used in agriculture for several purposes:
- It can be used to supplement calcium deficiency in soil.
- It helps regulate soil pH, especially in acidic soils.
- It can be used to control various plant diseases, such as tip burn, powdery mildew, and leaf spot.
- Calcium chloride is also used to prevent spoilage of fruits and vegetables by reducing their moisture content and inhibiting bacterial and mold growth.