Physical and Chemical Properties:
Form: Solid, powder
Molar Mass: 25000-30000 g/mol
Melting/Freezing Point: 130 °C
Density: 1.2 g/cm³ at 20 °C
Bulk Density: 400-600 kg/m³
H319: Causes eye irritation.
P280: Wear protective gloves/eye protection.
P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P337+P313: If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
Store in dry and cool places in tightly closed containers, protected from sunlight.
The information contained below is informative, scientific and research. The product is intended for professional use.
Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) K30 – Properties
PVP K30 is a substance that is highly soluble in water and alcohol, making it easy to use and applicable in various products. PVP K30 has moisture-binding properties, making it an ideal ingredient for many cosmetic and pharmaceutical products.
Application in Cosmetics – Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) K30
PVP is used in hair styling products such as hairsprays, gels, and mousses. Due to its ability to form films on the hair surface, PVP creates a lasting protective layer that sets the hairstyle while preventing hair frizz.
PVP is also used as an ingredient in deodorants, face creams, and other skincare products, where it acts as a water-binding agent and helps maintain proper skin hydration.
In color cosmetics such as mascaras, eyeshadows, and lipsticks, PVP is used as a binder to hold pigments in place, preventing smudging and color dispersion. PVP can also act as an intensifying agent, enhancing color vibrancy to achieve more vivid and striking shades.
Application in the Pharmaceutical Industry – Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) K30
Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is utilized in the pharmaceutical industry due to its binding and emulsifying properties.
- PVP is used as a stabilizer in tablets and capsules, helping to maintain their shape and structure.
- PVP serves as a solubilizer in oral products such as mouthwashes and inhalation solutions.
- PVP is employed as a thickening agent in various medications, such as ointments and creams, aiding in maintaining their consistency.
- PVP is used as an ingredient in skincare products such as creams, balms, and ointments, due to its moisture-retaining properties. It helps to maintain skin hydration and can act as a softening agent.
- PVP is utilized in hair care products such as shampoos, conditioners, and hair sprays. It helps to maintain shape and hairstyle, prevents hair frizz, and facilitates combing.