Anhydrous caffeine is increasingly used by athletes as a dietary supplement. It used to be banned in sports. In 2004, WADA removed it from the list of banned substances. Since then, its popularity has steadily increased. How does caffeine affect training and athletic performance? Why is it worth taking supplements with odorless caffeine?
Caffeine is an organic chemical compound. Although we mostly associate it with coffee, it is also found in many other plant substances. Anyone who has ever drunk coffee knows that after drinking caffeine we feel a boost of energy and an increase in our ability to concentrate. Is it enough to drink coffee regularly to benefit from the advantages of caffeine? During sports training, it is recommended to take caffeine in the form of a dietary supplement. With the caffeine powder you can take a precise dose. You do not necessarily have to drink coffee to enjoy the benefits of caffeine. We can add caffeine in powder form to a fortifying shake. This solution allows you to accurately determine the dose taken depending on your needs and individual conditions.
Caffeine has a comprehensive effect that stimulates the central nervous system.
What are the benefits of using caffeine:
- Improvement of motor skills – thanks to caffeine, your movements become more precise, faster and more accurate;
- increases the release of dopamine – dopamine is a hormone of happiness, which can increase motivation and satisfaction after exercise;
- increases the release of norepinephrine – this makes you more focused, alert and concentrated and improves your memory;
- improves psychophysical well-being – in sports our well-being and inner, mental motivation are very important. It is often the one that decides who wins;
- increases concentration and attention – this is essential in any discipline. Every athlete needs to be focused;
- improves neuromuscular functions – thanks to it, the body works more efficiently;
- makes us make decisions faster;
- increases our tolerance to physical effort during training – you can train more and longer without feeling tired.
Both professional athletes and amateurs can benefit from caffeine supplementation. Caffeine affects our cognitive abilities. Thanks to caffeine, we make decisions faster and have better reflexes and reaction times. It also increases our physical fitness.
Benefits of using caffeine in sports:
- increases performance, increases endurance, improves results in very intense exercises (sprinting, jumping, throwing),
- improves reaction speed and increases precision of movements, which is especially useful in team sports, helps to reduce body fat, and makes us less tired.
Caffeine has a beneficial effect, which is why athletes from different fields like to use it. In what areas is it most useful?
- Team sports – the effect of caffeine has a positive impact on volleyball players, soccer players, basketball players, handball players and rowers. Team members make decisions faster, tire slower and their movements are more precise.
- Martial arts – all those who practice martial arts can benefit from the positive effects of caffeine. They become less tired and are more efficient.
- Other sports- its effect can also be used in the following areas: Running, cycling, climbing, swimming, bipedal, powerlifting, sprint running, high jump and long jump.